Friday, May 29, 2015

Important things

A friend posted this on another site-

"I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun." ~ John Volker


It struck me as humorous and far too honest.

My thoughts began to wander to what really is important.  What really makes a difference, what matters in life and I realize most of us make the little things important because we can do them, we can measure them, we can succeed at little things.  But the important things, the really important things are left undone....like fishing, being still in the woods, taking a nap, enjoying a day with nothing going on, turning off everything and simply enjoying God.

What is really important?  That's the question for me today.  I'll let you know what I discover.

No comments: