Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Not an accident

Today is my birthday.  Today I have been a resident of this planet for 64 years.  As I reflect on the years I have lived so far I realize one thing above any other....I'm here, in this time, at this place, in this country, by design.  God has put me here, now, in this place and time to be part of what he is doing in the world.

That idea fascinates me...the idea that my life, my race, my place of residence, the time in history when I live is all designed by God.  I'm here on purpose to be part of God's work, to be part of God's eternal plans.

I'm thankful to be part of what God is doing, but more than that I'm thankful he loves me and planned for me to be here, now, in this place to be his child.  Providence?  Yes, and it's quite comforting to know God is my sovereign and I am his child.

No comments: