Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thoughts on great lives


Over the last weeks I have been slowly reading through this amazing book by Warren Wiersbe, 50 People Every Christian Should Know. I am challenged and encouraged by the lives of saints from the past. Every Christian should read the biographies of great men and women from the past. Their lives and lessons are valuable for us as we live our lives in the present tense. As I read their stories I wonder about my own life. In 50 years, if the Lord tarries, what would my story be? What would my testimony be to those who might read about my life? Am I leaving behind anything to challenge those to follow? Am I living for God in a way that I would want others to follow my example? Each life, each journey is different. How we live does matter to those around us and to those who follow. We are each an example of the choices we make. What would your story tell the next generation?

No comments: