Saturday, March 20, 2010

Time passes too quickly


This morning I am doing some photo editing and came to this photo of my favorite person in the world. It was taken years before I knew her. As I tried to repair it I was struck that she and I have grown far past this age long ago. Our children are now years beyond this wonderful age as well. Now we look at grandchildren and they are quickly leaving these early years behind. It happens in a moment, and then it's gone.
...
Time passes so quickly. Life is so short. I wish, at times, that we could have a remote that would slow down the moment. They all pass so quickly. It's amazing to me to see the years now roar by like a bullet train. As the Bible describes it, "we are a vapor, here for a moment and then gone." I'm quite aware of my vapor status this morning. I'm also most thankful that the God of the universe cares about vapor like me.
...
Just some random thoughts of nostalgia on a cold Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIFE AS A VAPOR -
Even in the last of the "vapor" youth and a new start.
Last night at 9:pm an 89 year 'grumpy old man accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior - repented of his past and became a new baby in the Kingdom of Heaven. Twenty years of believing for his salvation. In the midst of his long suffering wife's birthday party the Holy Spirit held everyone in another room as he did his work of conviction, repentance, acknowledgment and confession... now born again into everlasting life - not just a vapor anymore!
HIS WORD DOES NOT RETURN VOID BUT COMPLETES THE WORK IS WAS SENT TO DO!
gm - a thankful witness!