Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday's cartoon

I'm fascinated with how quickly I move from amazement to boredom at God's provision. The nation of Israel did this in the wilderness as God provided food for them to eat every morning for forty years. In my life I easily fall into the same habits. What initially is amazement as I watch God meet our needs quickly moves to an expectation of ongoing provision and then, finally, to boredom with the miraculous becoming normal. It grieves me how easily I lose my sense of wonder at God's goodness. I must admit I'm most guilty of this. He has cared for us and provided for us through days when I couldn't see any way we would survive. This little cartoon for Monday reminded me of my own grumbling heart as I hear myself say, "Miraculous leftovers again?!"

No comments: