Tuesday, March 24, 2009

God and science

I read an interesting article online today about God and science. It's interesting to me because as I read the different views it is very clear that if you don't want to see God in the grand scheme of things you won't. And, likewise, if you believe in God and his divine hand in creation you see him everywhere. What is clear to me is that whatever view you accept it's a step of faith. You choose what you will believe and then all the evidence lines up very nicely for you. You can't imagine how anyone could disagree with you because your view makes so much sense. But behind it all is a step of faith. For me the step towards a grand designer is a very small one. It's amazingly clear to me. There is so much around me that has no explanation apart from a grand designer. I see his handiwork and evidence of his existence everywhere I look. All that I see speaks of his wonderful power and wisdom. It's a real faith based on his word, his world and my relationship with him.
...
Psa 19:1 For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Psa 19:2 Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard.
Psa 19:4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world.

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I always enjoyed very deeply the study of science. It is a joy figuring out how God made His creation work - and can be a worshipful experience.