Thursday, August 23, 2007

A "made of clay day"



I'm having a "made of clay day." You know....those days when you realize that on our own we are just clay between coming and going. It's a mix of tired, discouragement, too much to do, too much to think about....a sense of "I really need God today." In a funny way it's a sense of worthlessness....that feeling that you make no difference in the world at all.

Those are hard days, but they are great ones too. It's that sense of melancholy that overwhelms all of us at times. It tells me I need some rest, some prayer, time in the bible, a break from the work load and some "blue sky" time.

I am so glad that God has provided all we need for living these lives. He is my source of life, the one who sustains me.....and so on days like this I'm reminded of several passages that help me make good choices. Here's where I'm focused today-


Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
Mat 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so relate to those "made of clay days"! In fact just this morning I was focusing on 2 Cor. 12 where it says His grace is enough.
Thanks for sharing.
Gail

Anonymous said...

This was Tuesday for me! I find comfort in the fact that I am not the only one who has days like this. I mean- I don't want other people to experience this- but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the honesty.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

squisch...squisch...squisch.
Wait...
I need to sit down and let the Lover of my soul scrap the mud off ;-)

blessings to you,
fellow humas