Saturday, August 25, 2007

Amazed

Hubble telescope’s top ten greatest space photographs-


The Sombrero Galaxy - 28 million light years from Earth was voted best picture taken by the Hubble telescope. The dimensions of the galaxy, officially called M104, are as spectacular as its appearance. It has 800 billion suns and is 50,000 light years across.

For me, as a Christian, this is a "Wow! God is amazing!" moment. Just part of the wonderful creation he has made has over 800 billion stars in it, and the bible says God has named each one! Just to take a moment and think about the vast creation God has made leaves me amazed at how awesome God is.

I wanted to share this with you to celebrate the God who made everything and praise him for what he has done. Amazing, isn't he?

1 comment:

Samantha Louise said...

I absolutely love that photo. I've seen that photo a few times now.

Have you ever seen the DVD "Indescribable" ? If not .. you should check it out! It's of a guy, I think his name is Louie Giggilo (something like that) and he preaches on this and shows all these mad photos and just talks about the greatness of God.

let me do a google search and find him!


Here is a link I found!