Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just grateful

Psalm 113
1 Praise the LORD. Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
2 Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore.
3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.
4 The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like the LORD o
ur God, the One who sits enthroned on high,

I love this Psalm. It's an invitation to praise and worship God. Verse 3 is the one that always catches my attention- "from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." In other words, praise the Lord all day long. I forget to do that. I get busy. I have "stuff to do" and I forget to simply praise him. I wish it weren't so, but it is for me...I get too busy serving him to do the most important thing in the world- Praise the God who made me! I thought, this morning, I would just take a moment and say, "I praise you, Lord, for you are most wonderful, most awesome. There is no God but you. I praise you for who you are and what you have done. Thank you for you mercy, your grace, your love and care. Thank you for being the Lord who sits on your throne, sovereign over all. I am so grateful to be one of your children."

Although the sun has not risen yet I wanted to start my day the right way. So, let me encourage you to take a moment and meditate on this Psalm....what is your response to it in your life?

No comments: