Friday, May 18, 2007

Seeing God work in spite of me

Have you ever wondered if you are making a difference, if you are doing anything for the kingdom of God? It is hard at times to keep a clear vision of the goal because of the battles and tasks in front of you. There are days when I wonder, "Am I doing anything for the kingdom of God? Am I making any difference at all???" (I think we all feel this way at times.) Then I read something like this, and I get a glimpse of what God is doing...He's working....and we get to be part of it. Here's my encouragement today:


"Every now and then I post about a great blog I have found. I want others to be able to read and enjoy.
Two blogs that I don't ever like to miss are
Joyeful Things , and Finishing Well .
I think I have mentioned Joyeful things before, I have probably been reading hers the longest. Finishing well is her husband who is a pastor. They are so inspiring to me, they are very real and their posts are very inspiring. I don't know them besides from their blogs, but they have ministered greatly to me just through their blogs. If I am ever having a frustrating day I can go read these blogs and they inspire me to get out of my rut. Even though I have never met them, they are a dear couple to me. They have such a heart for God and people. They are some great role-models on this new path of ministry my husband and I have found ourselves on. I glean so much Godly loving wisdom from them.
I actually found both of them through their daughter. I really enjoyed her blog a lot because I could relate to her life. She was a mother of three who were around the same ages as my three and she wrote about her daily life as a mom. I still enjoy reading her blog too. She recently just had her fourth child, and again I find myself on the same path it seems. Maybe I can get some wise counsel from
Life in the shoe, as I am thinking I am crazy and my life is about to get even crazier adding a fourth child.
But if you ever need to be inspired, want to read some well written, real people, very thought provoking posts I definitely recommend "Joyeful things", and "Finishing Well" and "Life in the Shoe". These are must reads for me. Just wanted to highlight some of my favorite's."


-Pixiedust

So, be encouraged today...God is working in your life, and at times we will see a little bit of what he is up to....one day we will see it all, and will fall at his feet in worship. What an awesome God!

No comments: