Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Don't worry!


Mat 6:31 What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.
Mat 6:32 People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.
Mat 6:33 Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Mat 6:34 "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.


This passage in Matthew 6 is an "old friend" to many. It's the "don't worry" passage in which Jesus basically says, "trust God, he will take care of you...doesn't he take care of everything else? what are you so worried about??"


I come here often to rest and refresh.....God is in charge, I don't have to worry. He knows what I need, I don't have to worry. He can help me, I don't have to worry. He loves me, I don't have to worry.....well, you get the idea. I could go on with this, but what I want you to get from Jesus words are the keys to a good life. Basically Jesus is saying, "God is sovereign, so relax."


So, today I'm relaxing....resting in the God who is big enough. I'm rested and refreshed after reading this passage....I have my compass set again....The God who made me and loves me will take care of me....all will be well (even when I think it isn't!)

3 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

Great!

God has been teaching me through that Scripture these past few weeks :)

Cheri said...

Hi Mike,

I loved reading this translation this morning. So refreshing. So true. Thank God its true.

As of yesterday, Dave, Matt and I will return to your fair city at the end of June. Dave will be doing contract work with his current company and looking for a new job.

So when you get your new roaster Dave and I want to come over for a cup!

Cheri

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like this passage.

-Dave