Monday, May 14, 2007

The battle of kindness, part 2


Saturday morning I came home after meetings at the church. My first thought was- Go over to the neighbors and tell them not to mow, you will do it on Monday.....but as I drove up to the house I hear the sound of a lawnmower, and see my neighbor once more mowing my lawn. Now I'm TWO mowings behind...it hard to keep up in these kindness wars! My first thing to do is thank him, and I did. I told him it was my turn...I would do it Monday. He brushed me off, hot and sweating, and said, "It was not a big problem, glad to do it, oh, and by the way...we are looking for a church." We agreed to go out for dinner together and talk more. I'm just amazed to see how God works...it's such fun to see God moving in the hearts and lives of people. Thanks, Lord. Maybe I will sneak over and wash their cars...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly a great battle - Thanks for spreading the joy-

cookiehawk77 said...

Wow! What an opportunity! Isn't God good!

Samantha Louise said...

that is awesome!!!

you are a man of God, man of faith, man of humility...

you're just awesome!

God is awesome!

Saija said...

i'm chuckling over the "wash their car" comment!

Cheri said...

Finally a battle we can all enjoy!

Heidi Day said...

Do you want me to take a pie over there and settle this?

Mike Messerli said...

Heidi,

you are funny! I think that's a great idea....in fact I think the whole battle of kindness is a great concept, and am looking forward to the peace treaty that is soon to come. thank you all for your comments.