Saturday, July 16, 2016

Notes

I keep a box of notes and cards
Notes others have give me
Cards they have sent
Words of encouragement
Messages of thanks

They go back
into
the 
1970's

This evening I opened the box
and roamed through history

It's a history of lives
that our lives
have 
touched

It was encouraging

It refreshed me

In those cards were names
of people I don't even remember

but they describe
how
we 
encouraged them
and
helped them
and 
made it easier
to bear their struggles

That old cardboard box 
is rich with jewels and precious treasures

Not treasures of worth to anyone else
but
of great worth to me

I imagine the Bema will be like that

A day when we will discover 
the many lives our lives have touched

A day when we say over and over again, 

"Wow!  I never knew!"

A day when we all rejoice in what God did with those moments
when we asked him, 

"Lord, would you use my life today?"

Most of us never see the fruit
but there is always fruit when God is at work

One day we will open a box on the riches and lives we have touched and proclaim,

"Wow, Lord, I never knew!  
Thank you for using my life for your kingdom!"


No comments: