Tuesday, April 16, 2013

As for me....


But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, “You are my God.”
 My times are in Your hand

Psalm 31:14-15

There are opportunities to fear, to panic, to worry, especially after a terrible tragedy like the one we all witnessed in Boston.

Each of us will make a choice about how we respond to the attempt by wicked men to create terror.  Each of us will choose a way to deal with events like this. Some will simply rationalize and convince themselves this could never happen to them.  Others will become fearful, worrying about everyone and everything.  Each of us will make a choice.

When terror knocks at the door, when tragedy happens, when fear overwhelms....we each deal with it in a different way.  How will you deal with the anarchy of a fallen world?  What will you trust?

"As for me"...what a great way to introduce David's decision when terror and death approached his life.  It's a declaration of trust in God whatever happens. 

As for you...when terror approaches you who will you trust? How will you respond? 



No comments: