Thursday, January 25, 2007

Faces

I love people. I must admit they are my hobby! I really like to spend time with people who have faces that have lived! Not the "pretty people", mind you, but the people who have really lived, and it shows! They are stories to be read, lives to be shared, they are the people who are fun to sit with for hours and talk to.

Our culture is programmed for youth and beauty, but the faces that captivate me are the faces that have really lived! The faces that have felt tears. The faces that smile even when they aren't really smiling at all. The faces that show a life lived. The faces with wrinkles. Give me a face with character anytime, I know with that face are stories to be told.


Let me encourage you to seek out those kind of faces....faces that have lived, and get to know them. It will amaze you what they have to offer.


Here are some other faces for your edification-












Psa 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
Psa 139:15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Psa 139:16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
Psa 139:17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You.

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I've got to get you some pictures of Mayan faces. You'll love 'em.