Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Life Sentence

It seems I've found several things I want to share.....and here's another one.  It really challenged me!

http://mikehamel.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/life-sentence/

Can you summarize your life purpose in a sentence?
Years ago I was challenged to do this at a critical juncture in my life. I’d gone to a consultant for advice about a potential career move. Wes helped me catalogue my strengths and weaknesses and identify my passions.
One of the most useful things he had me work on was a one-sentence purpose statement for my life. After a few days of talking with my wife and reflecting on my past, I came up with this:
Mike Hamel exists to experience, model and teach that God is good and life is worth living.
I still resonate with this life sentence more than thirty years later. Experience remains the piston that drives what I model and teach. It’s also what has shoved me far off my original path out to where the church buses don’t run.
In my ongoing search for answers and insights, I have affirmed some core beliefs and adjusted others. I’m currently writing a book about my ongoing quest. Guess I can’t help modeling and teaching what I’m experiencing, even when I’m stumbling forward, shins first.
“A life without a cause is a life without effect.”—Paulo Coelho

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

Here is mine-

Mike Messerli exists to passionately know Christ, become like him and challenge others to do the same thing.