Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You are not alone



"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Again, God says to you: "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."   Isaiah 41:10, 13

A friend sent this to me this morning.  He's a good friend, he's been praying for me, he loves me.....and I needed this.  I am prone to discouragement and depression.  I struggle some days to function, to just get up and go, but I do.  Often, as I'm driving away from the house in the early hours of the day I'm aware that I already have a frown on my face.  What a way to start!  What a terrible way to start a day.  

I have no reason for my discouragement or depression.  Most of us who struggle with it rarely do, it's just a dark cloud we live under and try to survive.  This morning I'm reminded that I'm not alone.  God is with me, my friend loves me...as do many others.  I am not alone. Neither are you.  We are never alone if we are God's children.  This promise applies to each of us who have trusted him.

Let me encourage you to "graze" on this passage.  Roll it over in your thoughts, think about it through the day, take time and memorize it. I'm going to memorize it.  Passages like this are vital to the life of anyone living in a fallen world, anyone struggling with discouragement, depression, or feelings of loneliness....you are never alone.  God is holding your hand.  Look up!  God is smiling dear child, he loves you!

1 comment:

nufreeotm said...

Thanks for sharing that today. I too needed to read and dwell on this passage and God's word. I struggle daily to keep my eyes on my creator and so many times, try to do things without his help. Thank God for his grace in my life.