Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Encouraged

  A dear friend sent me a text this morning.  She didn't say anything herself, she simply posted a passage from Isaiah 40 in the text box and sent it to me.  Here is the text I read this morning,


Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?

God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.
    He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.
    And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
    gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
    young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
    They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
    they walk and don’t lag behind.

It was just what I needed this morning, just what my weary soul most craved and it was nourishing, encouraging, it gave me breath again.  How does God know to use people who don't have any idea what you are going through to send you just the right thing for the moment?  How does he orchestrate all of this, caring for each one of us and meeting our needs?  I'm encouraged that God knows where I'm at. He knows what I need and he met the need this morning through a dear friend who was simply obeying God in sending me a passage of scripture.

Thank you, Lord, for your wonderful care for us.  Each moment, more times than we can ever know, you are thinking about us, caring for us, meeting our needs even before we can ask.  You are amazing!  Thank you.

No comments: