Saturday, January 07, 2012

Saturday's cartoon

I love this cartoon! It's a brilliant insight into the very heart of choices and results. We live in a world that wants the freedom to do as we wish, but with those choices are always consequences. In the moment it might seem that things are wonderful, but choices always have consequences. Often, as I meet with people in their crisis, I hear these words, "Why did God do this to me?" They are sincere in their question and are clueless to the reality that many times what has happened is the result of their own choices....it's not God, it's them.

Choices and consequences. One you make, the other you don't. You can control your choices, but you can't control your consequences. I wonder, if we knew this as a reality in our lives, if our choices would change.....

No comments: