Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New beginnings

I spent some time this afternoon in hospital with a woman dying of cancer. She trusted Christ as her savior yesterday. Today, when I came into her room she had a bible in her lap with other material that I had given her. She said, "I need more time, I'm just getting started! I need time to get to know God, to know about my new faith." It was a very strange picture- a dear new believer in Christ, bald from chemo, nearing the end of this life, but beginning her new life as a Christ follower. It was a wonderful picture. A start and a finish all in one quick glimpse.
I am thrilled to see God work in her life, and I'm hearing that other lives are already being affected by her faith. As I left her yesterday she said, "why did I wait so long to trust Christ?"
But she has....and now her eternity is changed because of her faith in Christ as her savior!
I am so blessed to see God's wonderful love poured out into broken lives. Thanks, Lord.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great treat for you and for us to get to share in your ministry.

Schweers' Mom said...

What a precious story! Praise God! Isn't He good???

stephanie said...

your story is inspiring. thanks for sharing. i am so happy for her.

bec said...

I sat at the computer tonight, depressed because my aunt who has MS and ALS (very rare to get both) is in a funk of a depression and I am sick and can't be near her. She can't speak, she can't walk, she can't eat, she can't travel. She's only 30 miles away from me and it feels like a galaxy. So what did God do? He gave me a raging case of the flu so I would be up all night on my first "blog surf" and I found you. Although the problem remains, you gave me a smile. You showed me that even men of God who have studied and searched his word have issues. Thanks for being a blessing to me and all that you serve. I was hungry, you gave me food. I was tired, you gave me rest.

Mike Messerli said...

Bec,

thank you so much for your comments. I am thrilled that God used my life to help you. I will be praying for your aunt.