Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Looking for lost sheep

Luk 15:4 "Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it?
Luk 15:5 When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing,
Luk 15:6 and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, 'Celebrate with me! I've found my lost sheep!'
Luk 15:7 Count on it--there's more joy in heaven over one sinner's rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue.

I have been asked by a friend of my son to come to hospital and talk to his mother. She is in the final stages of cancer and will die soon. She does not know where she will spend eternity. Her son is worried about her, and asked for my help. I am most humbled and challenged by his request. Looking for lost sheep has been one of my passions, and this is truly one of those lost sheep. I'm challenged that I must trust God to speak through me, that he will speak to her, that he touch her heart, that she hears, and that she responds.....this soul is so valuable to God that Christ died for her. I pray that today angels will rejoice over a sinner rescued.

Are there lost sheep around you looking for a shepherd? Pray for an opportunity to tell them about your shepherd.

5 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

Did you hear those angels singing this afternoon?

They were!

vincit omnia veritas said...

Thanks for the reminder, Ptr Mike. Let us never forget to look around us, even amidst our busy schedules and lifestyles. There is always a lost sheep not far from us.

God bless,
Vincent

GramCrackers said...

Wow! God is SO good to us. So patient. And so willing and anxious to give us His life. I prayed for a lady I don't even know. And what a wonderful blessing to see His answer. (Insert tears of joy here!) Thank you for being a willing messenger! And thank you for challenging me to be a messenger also.

Mike Messerli said...

I went back to hospital to visit with my found lamb. She had two bibles on her lap. She said, "I need more time to read, to get caught up. I don't know anything yet! I'm just getting started!"

What a funny scene...this new baby Christian, dying of cancer, excited about her newfound faith. It was great to visit with her.

Thanks, Lord.

Anonymous said...

Your last post made me smile! And the angels rejoiced...

I also smiled thinking about the relationship you have with your son that he still wants to come to dad with the really important matters. You clearly did something right in raising him. I pray my children will still think I have something worth contributing when they are older.