Saturday, December 21, 2013

The meaning of Christmas

At this time of year there is great pageantry around the Christian holiday we call Christmas, but behind it all is a meaning, a reason that we often miss.  When we understand the "why" then what we see in the celebration has real meaning for us.

Here is the reason for Christmas, the meaning behind it all- God loves us.  There.  That's it.  How do I know God loves us? He sent his very best gift to give us life, eternity, salvation, hope, joy, meaning, direction, and a hundred other things too numerous to mention.  But behind it all is this- God loves us.  If you know that then you "get" Christmas. 

2 comments:

Bruce O'Hara said...

Hello and Merry Christmas Pastor,
I've posted this as the lead story in tomor's (Sun the 22nd)E-Blast. Thank you. It's so simple when it's explained, yet something that I would have never ciphered out on my own.
God Bless you and yours,
Bruce O'Hara

BTW, The E-Blast will be available for viewing after 4am Eastern time of the 22nd.

http://e-blast.blogspot.com/

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Hello dear friend.I wish for you a 'Besinnliche Weihnachten' which translates in English to spending the holidays in a contemplative, reflective, and calm spirited manner.
After reading this post I thought I would share: God gave me this word for the year 2014: Loved...