Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful, day 1

It's Thanksgiving week here in the states.  It began as a time of thanks for God's provisions, but that has been long lost to the time off, too much food and football.

Some do still take a bit of time to be thankful.  A few even express that to God.  So this week I will take just a few words each day and say thank you to the God who gives us ALL THINGS to richly enjoy.


Day 1- Today I'm thankful for God's love.  It's not so much a tangible thing you can eat or touch, but it's real in how it works out in our lives.  Because he loves us he's not waiting for us to do something wrong so he can punish us.  He is constantly reaching out to his men and women with love.  His invitation to a relationship is always open.  His response to my approach is never a frown, but always a smile.  Today I'm thankful I worship a GOOD God who loves me....who loves everyone.  Today I want to say, "Thank you, God, for your love.  It's most wonderful be be an object of your love and not your wrath.  Thank you for your love."


"God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.  This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4

No comments: