Monday, August 15, 2011

Thoughts on the day

Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

This morning, as I read these words, I once more paused to get my breath. There is a grand majesty to these words. There is a royalty to these thoughts. In just a few words Paul, the author, encompasses God's wisdom, knowledge, judgment, omniscience, sovereignty, omnipotence and finally his royalty. God is creator, king, Lord, judge, guide, source, supplier and finally the one we will all report to in the end.

What a wonderful picture of God's greatness in just a few words....from him, through him and for him are all things. He is our source, he is our supply and he is our reason. I should probably read these words every morning. I forget the grandness of God so easily. In other words, it's all about God.

That's the idea of these words...it's all about God and not about me. I'm here by his creation, I live by his supply and I am living that he might be glorified. All of me is about all of him. It's all about God. I pray these words soak into me today that I might rest in his sovereignty, his omniscience, his omnipotence and desire to accomplish his will in my life. He is more than able and will bring about his great glory. Lord, do that in my life today, would you? I'm available.

No comments: