Friday, April 09, 2010

Is he big enough?



I love to watch small children with their parents. It's clear the child doesn't have a care in the world. They have no idea where they are or where they are going.....all they need to know is where is my dad. If they know where dad is then they are ok. Even if they find themselves on a dark path with no idea of where they are going if dad is with them then they aren't worried because dad is taking care of the rest.
...
I saw this photo and thought about the trust of those children. It's a trust that is complete and innocent. If I am walking with my father then I'm ok because he knows where we are going. I can just see the response in the child's face if I were to ask, "where are you going?" With an innocent look they would look up at their father for the answer. The child has no idea where they are going, but they are with dad and he knows. The child's response is simple, "I'm with my dad. Wherever he's going that's where I'm going." Wouldn't it be great if we could simply trust our Father in that same innocent way? To trust that he cares and loves us and will watch over us on those dark paths that seem to lead into the night. If I'm with my Father then everything will be fine because he knows where we are going. Is your Father big enough to trust in that way?
...
Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

1 comment:

Anna Renee said...

Even the path leading to being able to trust our Father more is a path that gets better and better. More and more of a release--a relaxation of anxiety.