Thursday, April 01, 2010

Evidence


This afternoon I listened to a teacher I really enjoy. He was talking about the cross, Jesus' burial and Easter morning. He made an interesting comment. I will try to quote him as best I can. He said, "it's not that there is insufficient evidence for the resurrection, there is more than enough evidence that Jesus really did rise from the dead. The problem for the skeptic is that it is unpalatable evidence. If they believe the evidence of the resurrection then they have to deal with Jesus and he gets to deal with them. This is the aspect of the resurrection they are unwilling to deal with." -Alistair Begg
...
As I thought about his comments on this topic I do understand the reluctance of the skeptic to deal with the evidence. To honestly deal with the evidence of Jesus' resurrection would force them to deal with much more. It's much simplier to dismiss it all rather than risk an encounter with God. And yet, one day that encounter will happen. One day we all will meet Jesus....either as savior or as judge. I so wish those who are skeptical of this gospel of love, forgiveness and ultimate sacrifice would embrace the risen Lord and accept his gift of love. He is risen. The evidence is clear for all to see. The tomb is empty and Jesus is alive. As we will declare on Easter morning, "HE IS RISEN!" and the response will follow, "HE IS RISEN INDEED!"

1 comment:

Josh said...

I have a picture I took of the garden tome if you would like it, also the hill of the skull. Many more drop me a line and I'll send you whatever I have. I believe the Red Sea crossing took place at the Straits of Tiran and since I lived on Tiran Island for four months I have those pics too.
Josh

buffett_3605@yahoo.com