Sunday, April 04, 2010

When the Son had risen...


But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death,
because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. Acts 2:24
...
I love the wording of Mark's account of that first Easter day when he wrote, "Very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen." I've always thought it was an interesting way of wording the beginning of this day...."when the sun had risen." I think it would also be appropriate to rewrite it to say, "when the Son had risen" for in fact that is what they are about to discover. The risen Jesus Christ was seen by hundreds over a period of 40 days. 1 Corinthians 15 tells of those who saw him after his resurrection. He did die on the cross. He did rise from the dead three days later. It was such a life changing experience that those who saw him after his resurrection willingly gave their lives rather than deny what they knew to be true. It's a wonderful event of history for the entire human race. God, the creator of everything, became a man and died for our sins, then three days later he rose from the dead to give us new life. It's a most wonderful story of love and grace as God provides for us what we could never gain on our own.
...
One day he will return as King. But today I am excited to know he is risen! One day every eye will see him, every knee will bow to him and worship him. When the Son had risen everything changed. Now there is hope, love, salvation and a promise of God's grace for everyone. Today I am glad that he is risen! He has changed my life and I look forward to the day I will see him face to face. I am so grateful for his love for me when I deserved it the least.
...

No comments: