Sunday, November 02, 2008

Part of a family


Today was a great day at church....just being with the family of God is great fun, but today was extra special. Today we focused our day on missions and had a number of our missionaries here from around the world. What a great treat to see them and spend time with them. I have been able to spend some time with one of our former staff members, Dave, who is now on the mission field and heading overseas in a couple days. It was great to see him again.
...............
The family of God is such an amazing thing....it shows up in places you would never expect. Tonight, after the church service, I had to stop by Wal-Mart to get a few groceries. The errand took much longer because I had to stop and visit with so many from our church family shopping there as well. In fact, as I checked out and visited with one of our men in front of me, the sweet cashier said, "I'm sure you don't know me, but I go to your church too and read your blog." It struck me again that we are part of a family conceived and birthed by God himself and held together by the love of Christ. It's such fun to run into members of our family everywhere. What a great adventure....meeting new family members we will spend eternity with. I love meeting and talking to people because you might just run into a member of the family.

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

We wish we could have been there! We love our family at CBC - they really are family to us - and we miss you all too much some days.