Friday, October 27, 2006

I love missionaries!


It's missions week at our church. There are a number of missionaries who have come from across the globe to join us. I love missionaries! They are such strange and wonderful people. When I say strange I mean it in the best AND obvious ways- who would leave home and family to go to another country, live as a foreigner, learn a new language, suffer hardship and all that goes with being a missionary to preach the gospel? You have to be a little strange to do that, and they are. But they are so wonderful as well. Men and women, broken vessels, available for God to use them. I know one who is with us this week that has come a long way. When I first met with him he and his wife were near divorce, and now they oversee a ministry together in another country! God is amazing. It's just wonderful to see who God will use to reach the world.
He uses strange people, people who are available. Sometimes he even uses me!

Mat 9:36-38- Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He *said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. "Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest."

No comments: