Monday, November 20, 2017

Charles Manson

Charles Manson died.

I've read many jeering and cruel comments on media sites celebrating his death and wishing him well in hell.

I grieve.

Sin has destroyed so much, it's sad when it destroys our humanity as well.

As a Christian I am sad to know of anyone's death without Christ.  

I know, from reading scripture, that God grieves as well.

He says,"I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die."

There is a God who rules the heavens and eternity.  There is a judgment coming. There is a heaven and hell.  I don't claim to understand the justice of all of it, but I do know God is good and I trust him to be more than "fair" with each of us.

Charles Manson now faces eternity.  For a few years on earth he destroyed and ridiculed.  Now he faces eternity.

I grieve.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too grieve. I believe anyone who is capable of understanding, would believe in Jesus Christ if they had a tenacious disciple to show them the way. My question would be, was he capable of understanding, or did he have mental issues never addressed? If he had mental issues, his community failed him. If he was capable of understanding yet no disciples came to him, we failed him. Was he so scary that nobody wanted to befriend him? We cannot help this man now, but maybe we can learn from this.