Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Never forget


I have to admit....I forget.  I forget some of the most profound things I have ever experienced and am overwhelmed by the trials of today.  I forget what God has done in my life and fret over the trials of today....completely forgetting his love and care every moment of my life!  How do I forget so easily? How do I trust him so little?  It grieves me to know, like the children of Israel in the wilderness, I forget all God has done and find myself worrying, complaining and fretting over the trials of today.

But this morning I watched a portion of a sermon by an old friend as he shared the story of God's touch in his life.  And I remembered when God did that in my life as well....but until I saw his story I had almost forgotten.  How could I forget the most profound thing that has ever happened to me?  But I did!  

Here is the passage my friend shared,


The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.

Zeph. 3:17


He will take great delight in you.

His love will change how he deals with you.

He will sing about you!

Do you realize how amazing this is?

In my own life my encounter with God's love happened nearly 47 years ago, but changed my life forever.  

How could I forget that encounter, that reality, that presence of God's love in a moment?  But I had!  

It's sad how easy it is for us to forget when God parted the Red Sea, fed us with manna and gave us water from the rock....and then, only days later, we complain because we have no meat.

We forget to remember that God loves us, he cares for us, he sees us and will never let us go.  Never forget that you are madly and passionately loved by the God who made you and saved you!  

Never forget!




1 comment:

Herdhi said...

Thank you for being you.