Friday, May 06, 2016

Fine tuning


I've been thinking a lot about my walk with God and what I communicate to others.

It's on my mind because I see so many Christians fussing and fuming about so many different things.  As a result they are losing their focus on the main thing.

As of today, as I work through my thoughts in this blog, I'm going to focus on just one thing-  Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Years ago I asked Major Ian Thomas what he was going to be preaching on that morning as he prepared to speak to our church.  He looked at me with a bit of disgust and replied, "I'm going to talk about Jesus, what else is there to talk about?"  

And so, beginning today, I'm going to fine tune my thoughts to just one theme-  Jesus Christ and his life in and through us.  

It's a fine tuning that I need and I hope you will walk with me as we talk about just one thing-  Jesus.


No comments: