Saturday, June 21, 2014

Plans

"The Lord will work out his plans for my life—" -Ps. 138

Life is quite frustrating when the plans and desires we have seem to evaporate into failure.  We often wonder where we are going, what is the purpose of our lives, are we doing anything of value.  

Over and over God declares he has a plan, a purpose for us.  We are not wandering aimlessly....even when it feels like it.  We are not "stuck" in a nothing profession with no hope for the future....because if we know God he is involved in our lives, our directions, our days.  He has a plan, a purpose.  

So what do I do when I can't see what's ahead?  How do I respond when it feels like nothing is going in what I think is the right direction?  Keep trusting him, keep doing what he has given you to do.  He will direct your steps.  He will show you the way.

I have often wondered about these things in my own life.  It seems what I envisioned for my life, my goals, my accomplishments never turned out the way I had planned.  And yet, as I look back, I can see a grand and wonderful helmsman steering the ship of my life on a course of his choosing.

My job, my rest comes in trusting his wisdom in where I go, what I become, what I accomplish.  Through it all he says to me, "I will work out the plans I have for your life."

No comments: