Friday, November 22, 2013

Why are you so angry?

This week I received a comment on a post I wrote more than a year ago.  It was clearly from an atheist. This person was angry, abusive, insulting and hostile because of my thoughts and faith.  I wasn't surprised, but then again I am a bit....why are you so angry? Why are you mad at me for my faith, for my belief in God?

They would tell me it's because so much evil has been done in the name of god, but they don't know me to make that claim of my life.


Why are they so angry at me for believing there is a God in heaven who made everything? The truth is they aren't mad at me, they don't even know me.  They are really mad at God...yes, they're mad at God.  But they claim they don't believe in him...and yet they can't help themselves...they're mad at HIM....and so they take it out on those who do believe.  


David wrote, 



Why are the nations so angry?

    Why do they waste their time with futile plans?


They're angry because they know, even though they deny it, that there is a God and they have to deal with him....and they don't want to! They don't want him in their lives, they don't want him in their worldview, they don't want him to exist and so, ultimately, the God they are mad at will give them their way and leave them alone...but even that will make them mad.

Man cannot live without God and for some who don't want to acknowledge him that makes them furious.  One author wrote a humorous piece and noted that atheists, who don't believe in God, actually talk about him and write about him more than those of us who do believe. 

Why are they so angry?  Because God won't go away, he won't be dismissed so easily. And that makes any rebel mad.


No comments: