Monday, February 15, 2010

Reflections


Today Joye and I celebrate 36 years of marriage. It's gone by so fast. As I look back on our lives together it seems like a whirlwind of living, but doing life together has made the years much easier than if we had done them alone.
...
Today we are watching 4 of our grand kids for the day. We are doing it together so I expect it to be a fun day. No fancy dinner out...at least we haven't decided on a place to go tonight...for now the focus is on 4 wonderful kids.
...
Often, for me at least, the best times have been just being together. It's been fun to see God work in our lives as we live them together. I think we are both different for the better because of the influence of the other. Joye has chipped off some of my hard edges and I think I have influenced her as well. We are different people because of being together. I think this is part of what God uses to mold us into the image of Christ...he uses our mates. I have been blessed. Many men are not so lucky, but I have a wonderful wife, partner and friend to navigate life with. I look forward to what God has for us in the years ahead. It has been an exciting ride. I look forward to what's over the next hill because we will discover it together.
...

No comments: