Monday, February 16, 2009

The plan of God in difficult days

I just finished a new book by a friend of mine on the life of Joseph. It is a timely book for our day. As I read about God's workings in Joseph's life through this author's eyes it gave me great hope for my own life and God's work in and through me. The author focused his attention on God's dealings in Joseph's life more than the details of his life. In other words the book was really about God! If we are talking about our lives in light of what's going on around us aren't we really talking about what God is up to anyway? I didn't get anything new or revolutionary from this book, but was once again greatly encouraged by God's great plan and sovereignty. We may never be notables of history but we are part of HIS story, and that's an amazing role to play.

No comments: