Friday, January 02, 2009

Resolutions


This is the time of year when people make new resolutions. It's a time for a fresh start, a new chance to mend bad habits or chart a new course. As anyone knows who has made a resolution for the new year, it fades into reality and rationalization within a few months at best.
.............
And yet there is a chance for a fresh look at what's important. I think, for me, there is one thing I want to focus on this year more than any other. It was Paul's great passion, and has been mine over time, but this year I want to pursue it with a new zeal and make it the one thing most important in my life. Here it is-
.............
Php 3:7 "But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
Php 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord..."
...........
This year I want to know Him and pursue my relationship with Him above all else.
.....................

3 comments:

Steve W said...

I am with you! It does seem that the events of the last year at all levels (local, national and world-wide) have focused me back on our Great God. I want to quit being busy with stuff and get busy knowing Him and being aware of what His direction is above all else.

Also - I heard you were thinking about stopping your blog. Please don't do that. I just discovered it and am finding it very helpful on a number of fronts. Hang in there.

Steve

Cheri said...

I'm tired of being independent. I want to be more dependent than I've ever been this year on our Lord.

If this happens it wont be a boring year!

Mike Messerli said...

Thank you both for your comments. And, Steve, I am going to continue....I honestly don't feel adequate at times to write it, but I'm going to continue to share more openly what God is doing with me and let's see where that goes. Thanks,