Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Palm Sunday


This Sunday is Palm Sunday. It is a celebration in the Christian church of the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkeys' colt with the praise of the people welcoming him to town. It's an important day!

This is a quiz for all you great bible students out there- Why is Palm Sunday important? What does it mean and why is it an important day in the Christian faith?

(Over the next few days leading up to Sunday I will unpack this day. I'm really excited about what it means, and I can't wait to tell you more!)

5 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

I'd love to hear more about it. We don't really do Palm Sunday here.

Teach me :)

Brent said...

I know, but it involves a LOT of math and, it was my understanding that there'd be no math in blogging.

:)

Mike Messerli said...

Brent,

I know, but I'm finding so much more than I knew, and those other elements don't have math attached. The Daniel 9 passage and it's precision is amazing to me, and still I'm finding even more. It's thrilling to see what God did on that day.

Schweers' Mom said...

I guess I have more to learn, too, as I thought it was the Daniel passage you were looking for...can't wait to hear more! (I also read something yesterday in Revelation that sounded like a similar scene to that in Jerusalem. Is that related??)

Mike Messerli said...

Lori,

yes, and more...I will unwrap them in the days ahead.