Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Reflections


"I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."
Psalm 37

As I read this morning I thought back on my life.  Now, like David, I can look back over many decades and reflect on God's provision and care for me and my family.  Like David I can say, with amazement at how God works, that he has taken care of us even when we didn't now we were in danger.

It's funny how we rarely see God's provision in real time, but as we reflect we find he has walked with us every step of our lives.  He never leaves us or forsakes us. He is, indeed, a good and kind Father caring for his children.

I was young, now I'm old, and yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
The great and wonderful God of eternity has cared for us every breath of our lives

And so, this morning, I breathe out these words, "thank you, Lord, you are much too kind.  Thank you."

No comments: