Wednesday, August 30, 2017

For Nancy

I am wonderfully blessed by amazing people all around me.  I can't tell you how many dear ones I cherish and claim as friends, for they really are!  One is Nancy.  She is a member of the church family I have been part of.  She reads these posts and constantly encourages me.  I am more grateful for her than she knows.  

As I read Paul's words to the church I thought of her.  Much of this passage is reflected in how Nancy lives, but I know she's not alone.  There are millions who live out these words and change their worlds because of it.

Here are Paul's words to us,

"Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.
Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”"

 I can't even imagine what our world would be like if these were our instructions for life and we actually did them!  Many do take these words seriously and it's noticable, others see it.  

People like Nancy do it every day.  Might we each live out our faith in a way that changes the lives of those we encounter.  May we live like Christ in these dark days in history.

No comments: