Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Seeing Father

Prodigal son
or 
older brother?

Which one are you?

But where
is
the good
brother?

Where is
the brother
who
loved the 
Father?

Where is the
brother
who sees
the
Father
as loving,
caring,
and kind?

The story
from Luke 15
tells of only
two brothers,

But where is 
the good brother?

Where is the son who loved
and obeyed the Father?

The good son
was the one telling
the story,
Jesus

He knew the Father,
he loved him,
he obeyed him
and fully 
pleased him

But we, like the two sons
in the story
either wander away
or stay with father 
and resent him

How do I see
the Father 
Jesus knew?

How do I know
and trust that Father?

All my problems
all my fears
all my doubts
are resolved
in one thing-

seeing Father
clearly

Loving
Kind
Forgiving
Father,

let me see your face.
Let me see the face that
moved Jesus to obey
you completely...

...even to death.

Let me see you clearly
Because until I do,
until I see
the Father
as
Jesus did
I will be a
rebel
or
a
prodigal.




No comments: