Monday, June 20, 2016

Little things


"The earth is FULL of the lovingkindness of the Lord."
Psalm 33

All around me, even when I don't see it, even when I don't care, God's lovingkindness is working.  The earth is FULL of his lovingkindness.  

We take all of this for granted, but all around us lovingkindness, his steadfast love, is working, moving, touching our lives.  We stop seeing it because it's all around us!  

I think of the glass half full-half empty illustration and realize God is saying the glass is full and running over....all the time!

When we look at the evil of men it's easy to blame God, but he's not the cause!

There's a humorous verse in Proverbs that describes this,

"People ruin their lives by their own foolishness
    and then are angry at the Lord." -Prov. 19:3

But God says the work of his hand all the time is lovingkindness...it's so much that the world we see is full and running over with his love.  

How can I slow my pace to see what he is doing?  How can I pause at each moment and listen for his love, watch for his care and smell his blessing?  I hurry though my days and miss so much.

IF the earth is full of his lovingkindness will I notice any of it?  Will I see it?  Will I thank him for it?  

Lord, help me to see your great provision and thank you for it.  Thank you that your lovingkindness is more than I will ever know, but let me know a bit of it, let me see your love each day and thank you for it.

Don't let me miss the little things that tell me you love me.

No comments: