Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Safe


Safe.

It describes so many thoughts, 
so many things.

Safe is a place where we store valuables.
Safe is where we keep the things we 
most treasure, the things we hold dear.

Safe
is
a feeling we want, a sense we desire,
to be safe,
to find a place to hide 
from the storms.

Often I hear people describe
the desire to be safe,
to hide,
to find a place where
fear
and worry
and the world 
won't touch us.

Safe.

In this world it seems to be
elusive,
unobtainable.

It seems there is no place
that is
safe 
any longer.

In the dystopic world
we live in we all hunger for
safe.

And yet it eludes us.

There is no safe place....
there is no place to hide.

But there is one who offers it,
one who says to all of us,

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."

There is a safe place, it's someone....it's in the God who made us.

There is "safe"
nowhere else.

There is no other place to hide 
from the storms all around.




No comments: