Thursday, November 06, 2014

Quotes from Dr. Henry Brandt

Last night, in a bible study I attend, we discussed a common mentor of ours, a man we had met and learned from years ago.  His teachings and quotes had imprinted all our lives.  One quote I remember and love, but don't always quote well, was "It's not my goal to get to the end of my life and compare my pile of ashes to your pile of ashes."  It was a profound statement for me, one I'm still trying to live out.



Here are a few more of his thoughts from a life of walking with God and counseling others,


"The heart of the problem is a problem with the heart.”

"You're just a prayer away from a change of heart."

"Finding relief in your problem is fine, but it will not cure the problem."

"My environment can give me relief from sin and tension, only the Lord can cure it."

"You can manage your sin, but that's not repentance."

"If it's sin, that's good news! Sin is the simplest thing in the world to deal with."

"There's no human remedy for sin."

"Jesus wants to give you peace."

"You would think that everyone would leap at the chance to get rid of sin. Not so. They want relief not a cure."

"Your walk with God does not depend on people, places, things or events."

"You don’t have a marriage problem, you have a sin problem."

"I am a victim of my own behavior."

"God's children have a limitless supply of the fruit of the Spirit."

"Biblical counseling is listening to a person long enough until you hear a violation of scripture."

"Anger is inside you, revealed by an outside source."


"What your soul needs is a check up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike, thanks for sharing these "pearls"
Great reference items for future use
Earl