Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Exclusive claims!

There's nothing our culture hates more than exclusive claims.  Anyone who makes them is vilified, criticized and scorned.  This afternoon, in my reading, I came to this exclusive claim made in Isaiah 43,


"I, yes I, am God.
    I’m the only Savior there is."

God is very clear about several things and declares them without any confusion, 1. He, the Yahweh of the Bible, is the ONLY God, 2. He is the ONLY savior, and 3. if you don't come to him on his terms you can't come at all.

Exclusive? Narrow-minded?  Yes!  And they aren't the claims of any man, they are the claims of the God of the Bible.  I'm so glad he's clear and doesn't leave me wondering about who he is and what he wants from me.  God himself has made exclusive claims and we have only two choices- respond to them or ignore them.  

No comments: