Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Thankful, Day 6

Today I'm thankful for peace.

When all around us it seems the world, our world, is falling apart we can have peace.  It's a peace that comes in the midst of difficult days and especially because of difficult days.  

Jesus described it in this way,

"I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So, don't be troubled by what happens or afraid of what might happen."  -Jesus

Peace.  It's a strange thing.  It feels like the eye of a storm.  All around is chaos and destruction, but in the eye of the storm is calm and peace.  

In a world today with the winds of storm all around I am thankful for the peace that comes from faith in God's care and provision.

Today I'm thankful for peace.


No comments: