Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thoughts on Dubai at 1:30 in the morning


Saturday night we were in Dubai to catch our plane home.  It is an amazing airport.  Probably one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.  We arrived at 11:00 pm and left at 2:40 am.  We had a few hours to see the airport, shop and rest.  What amazed me were the thousands of people at 1:30 am moving through the airport to catch their flights to their next destination.  They were from all over the globe.  Black, white, asian, arab, every language you could imagine.  I don't think I've ever been in one place that had so many people from so many different countries. It was amazing.

I wish I could have visited with some of them and heard their stories...where they were from, their lives, their sorrows, their joys.  I wish I had been able to know more about them than that we were all going somewhere.  Each life with a story.  Each person with an eternity ahead.  I so wish I could have had time to visit with a few of them about God......

1 comment:

Dave Ness said...

I have been there 4 times myself. I have enjoyed everything but the weather. In town they have serve the best baklava I have ever tasted. There is also Redeemer Church of Dubai. https://www.facebook.com/RedeemerDubai

Hope you had fun Mike,

Dave Ness