Sunday, December 05, 2010

Extraordinary claims...























"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

I agree! If you're going to make big claims you better have evidence to prove it.

It's funny, but atheists often give me some of my best material. For some reason they are able to dismiss history and written eye-witness evidence for the most important event of history.

Extraordinary evidence? Jesus rose from the dead and was seen by hundreds! In numerous accounts, on different occasions real people saw, talked to and ate with the risen Christ. Extraordinary evidence? Here it is:

The Resurrection of Christ

1 Cor. 15: 1 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Extraordinary evidence? The Christian faith has it! What more could you ask for? Unless you don't really want to believe in the first place.....that's an entirely different discussion, but the evidence is available if you want to look.

No comments: