Thursday, October 01, 2009

God's plans



I remember the stories of my youth as my parents told me, that as a 4 year old boy, I got lost in the corn field. Growing up in Iowa means there are corn fields everywhere. To be 4 and lost in a field of 7 foot high corn is a scary thing.

It's the same feeling most of us have at times in life. Where am I? Where am I going? Where is God? When you can't get your directions, are lost and can't see which way to go fear sets in, but this morning, as I'm reading, I came to this verse,

Psalm 138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

When I'm lost I can trust that he will guide me, he has a purpose for my life, a plan and he will fulfill it. That's wonderful news when you're lost and can't find your way. That's wonderful news when you don't think God is working in your life. He says he has a purpose for you and he will fulfill it...even when you feel lost.

No comments: