Monday, December 29, 2008

Reflection and anticipation

We are near the end of the year. Looking back on 2008 it has felt much like this-



We were hit by several waves this year. It has taken the breath out of many noble souls, and emptied their retirement accounts. I'm sure some have felt overwhelmed by the waves of the year, but God is good and will care for his children even when the waves of change overwhelm us. Next year is an unknown. At the moment, for me, it feels like this-

I'm not sure if the year ahead will lick me or bite me.....we will have to wait to see. Either way I have a great opportunity to trust the Lord one day at a time and celebrate his care for me, because he has promised,

Psa 34:6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him And saved him out of all his troubles.
Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them.
Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Psa 34:9 O fear the LORD, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want.
Psa 34:10 The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing.

2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

So the one Sunday that I'm out of town you give the lesson! Dang!!! I will have to put your sermon on my iPod. I hear it was good.

I'm looking forward to Revelation in January!

Happy New Year!

Mike Messerli said...

I'm sorry you missed it....I know I had fun.

I will look forward to having you as part of the class.